Friday, February 26, 2010
Never enough T -I-M-E
As I sit here on a Friday night at 10Pm, I'm already dreading getting back to work on Monday. Not because I dislike my job, my commute or the issues that will need to be address as soon as I walk thru the door. It's because there never seems to be enough time to recuperate from the week. Just like many people working in Northern Virginia I commute 1.5 to 2.0 hours one way every day. Once there I work from 9 to 10 hours, then of course there is the small amount time I get to spend cooking, cleaning and stopping off at the store to pick up things, etc Then of course you add in the 7 hours of sleep I attempt to get equals 21 -23 hours. I wonder if the job with the title and the pay really worth what you leave behind? It takes away from kids, grandkids, spouse... YOUR LIFE!!! I miss the games, nights chatting with my girls, one on one time with my husband. This is all while I'm thinking I need to get into the bed because I have to get up early. Oh, then there's the time needed to keep a immaculate home, and many other things that people don't think about when they consider the job opportunity with the great pay comes around. So many people have tunnel vision when they say, "this is a great job opportunity, I have to take this job, and I can't afford not to take it." My question I implore all of you to ask is... "Can you afford to take it?" Think about the time (not to mention the commuting cost) before you say, "YES." As you read this I wonder..., does anyone see what is missing in my life? T-I-M-E.... time for GOD, family, time for ME!
Labels:
Never enough T-I-M-E
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
L.U.G. It 4U's Fan Box
L.U.G. It 4U on Facebook

This sortta causes you to miss out on, “Your Best Life Now”, huh? :o) … Joel Osteen
ReplyDelete